A Sniff of Aromatherapy
Aromatherapy is a wonderful way to enhance your life. Many years ago while studying healing at The Center of the Light in Great Barrington, MA, I developed a passion for Aromatherapy. Aromatherapy is a wonderful tool for creating an atmosphere of your choosing in your home or office. As smell is the quickest way to shift your own mood or somebody else’s, Aromatherapy has a terrific medicinal property as well. Particular scents and aromas not only will affect our mood and behavior; they can also act as mental time machines and transport us to nostalgic times.
Here are some easy ideas for which scents to use and how to use them.
Go to your neighborhood health food store and purchase a few individual essential oils as well as a diffuser. Use 1 or 2 of the oils in a diffuser and notice how you feel.
Mix and match the essential oils.
The most effective way to use Aromatherapy is with essential oils. Here is a small sampling of what is available.
- Orange – calming
- Lemon – refreshing
- Grapefruit – uplifting for your spirit
- These three scents together work to reduce nervous tension.
- Fir – energizer used for mental stimulation and can revitalize your spirit, has a pine-like fragrance.
- Spruce – reduce tension, can be deliciously relaxing.
- Lavender – reduce stress, induce relaxation.
- Lemongrass – stress reduction for headaches
- Anise – great for migraines
- 1-2 drops Lavender OR
- 1-2 drops Sandalwood
Carrier herbs are used to enhance the longevity of the essential oil mixture.
Place any of these scents in a steamer to refresh your home and add a feeling of warmth.
- or all of them
Use them in their natural state, right off your spice rack!
As you build your confidence you can easily create your own blends!