Stepping In and Out of Energy Fields
Energy includes three aspects of the body’s system: Pathways-meridians, Centers-chakras and Biofield-aura. Understanding how the interaction of energy around you can affect a relationship will help you to maintain your physical boundaries. By sensing your energy field and your physical boundaries, you can greatly improve your relationships. Notice how your level of comfort with another changes depending upon how close that person is standing to you or how far. Your level of intimacy with that person will decide what distance feels correct. The more sensitive you become to knowing when you are in another’s energy field, the more harmonious your relationships will be.
The purpose of this exercise is to begin to know when another person is in your physical boundaries (energy field), as well as to learn your own level of comfort. While you doing are the exercise, ask yourself these three questions:
- How can I tell when someone is in my energy field?
- What can I do to become clear on my physical boundaries?
- Will my moods affect my physical boundaries?
- Have a person you are very intimate with stand opposite you about 10 feet away.
- Ask them to slowly walk towards you. Stop them when you begin to feel uncomfortable.
- Ask them to take a step or two back, until you feel comfortable. Notice how close they are able to be to you before you can feel them in you field; notice when or if you become uncomfortable. Notice what exactly you do feel or sense!
- Do this again with the same person when you are annoyed with them.
- Now repeat this exercise with someone you are acquaintances with. Notice what the differences are, and the similarities.
- Now do it with a friend: The more people you do this with the quicker you will become aware of where you begin and end, how physically close you can be and be effective because you are comfortable and how to use space to create and environment that promotes well being for you.