Taking responsibility for your life is the key to having high self-esteem. Here are two clues that your self-esteem is not as high as you might like it to be:
- Blaming others for what does or does not happen in your life.
- Complaining about your life as if you have no say in it.
Having higher self-esteem is about how what you think, feel and believe gets interpreted internally. It is about your interpretation of how you feel and how you transfer those feelings into your beliefs. Often when people blame and complain they are unconsciously giving away their power. Taking responsibility for your life is the way to shift this.
Below are eight examples of affirmations that will raise your self-esteem if you believe them. If you find that some of them are not a great fit for you, or you’re just not comfortable taking the leap yet, start right from the beginning with: I am in process of being responsible
Affirmations for Building Positive Self-Esteem
- I am willing to be responsible for my thoughts, feelings and actions.
- I am willing to be responsible for myself.
- I am willing to be responsible for the choices I make.
- I am willing to be responsible for allowing myself to enjoy my life.
- I am willing to be responsible for the decisions I make.
- I am willing to be responsible for what I do to others.
- I am willing to be responsible for what I do to myself.
- I am willing to give myself love.
Over time, you’ll find a natural lightness take over where you used to feel pangs of anger, fear, worry, resentment and other negative characteristics. That’s the luxury of taking responsibility for your thoughts and actions; you’ll find life feels a whole lot lighter.